You just suffered heartbreak as the result of a breakup. Friends come to console you with words like “it wasn’t meant to be” or “it’ll happen at the right time”.
As much as this could be encouraging, it does little or nothing to help your situation. According to Estee Kahn of YourTango, the new line for getting over this heart breaking situation is this: “If you’re brave enough to love someone, then you’re strong enough to get over them.
Inspired by Your Tango, here are 5 steps to getting over the one who broke your heart
1. Don’t look back: No one has ever moved on by living in the past. Your heart is broken but you whole being isn’t. Pick up the pieces and move on.
2. Learn from the past: There’s always a lesson to learn in every situation, doesn’t matter if it’s good or bad. You should be able to list out the things you need and your deal breakers too, these things are important for your next relationships.
3. Let it go: You might hurt yourself if you keep holding on and wishing. It obviously wasn’t meant to be. Letting go sets you free and you might just be a steep from finding the one who completes you.
4. Always remember you are stronger than you think: If you were brave enough to open up yourself to someone who eventually broke your heart, then you are strong enough to get over them, move one and love someone who’ll love you back completely as well.
5. Believe in the power of love…again: You knew how it felt like being in love, you can feel it again. Though it hurts now, just believe it would happen again.